Passionate About the Community
and the Moms Who Live Here

Community RSS feed for this section

doctor-563428_1920

12 Signs You’re a Spouse of a Doctor [in Training]

The medical industry in cities across the nation can often times provide a community within a community, especially in the areas of Medical School and Residency/Fellowship. Here in Charleston, it’s no different. When you come across another mom at the park, school, grocery store…there is an immediate bond when finding out you share this common thread, […]

Continue Reading
poke%22mom%22

Poke”Mom” Go

Finding ourselves on the back end of a 1,000 mile move to Charleston, where the only person that we knew was our realtor, was a bit overwhelming.  The thing is, people do that everyday.  I’ve moved a lot in my life, but mostly within a 30-mile radius.  This was different.  I left my career, family, […]

Continue Reading
Trick or Treating in Charleston

2016 Guide to Trick or Treating in Charleston

Get ready for Halloween sweets and treats with our list of special events to go trick or treating in Charleston! These are kid-friendly events that include trick or treating as well as trunk or treats around town. What are you going to be for Halloween? Kohl's Truck-or-Treat North Charleston Coliseum and Performing Arts Center, 5001 Coliseum [...]
Continue Reading
Charleston Pumpkin Patches

2016 Guide to Pumpkin Patches in Charleston

There is no shortage of Pumpkin Patches in Charleston this year! Are we missing your favorite pumpkin patch? Let us know in the comments below! Boone Hall Pumpkin Patch Hwy. 17, Mt. Pleasant (1/2 mile north of Long Point Rd.) Pick your own pumpkin at this pay by the pound patch. A variety of candies, fresh produce, [...]
Continue Reading
Are you ready for some

Are You Ready For Some Football?

September…it brings cooler weather, mums on front porches in crisp, fall colors, and best of all?  It brings FOOTBALL!!!  I know not every girl enjoys football season; it’s okay!   Does your husband or boyfriend get annoyed when you constantly ask questions during the game?  Do you sometimes wonder what on earth his obsession is?  Maybe […]

Continue Reading
A Visit to the Summerville Farmers Market

A Visit to the Summerville Farmers Market

One of my favorite things to do on Saturday mornings is to wander the Summerville Farmers Market.  It’s your typical Southern small town farmer’s market, with banjo pickers, popsicles, and miles of fresh veggies grown just up the street.  Even its location {tucked behind Town Hall on Main Street} stereotypes the small town atmosphere!  The Summerville […]

Continue Reading