September…it brings cooler weather, mums on front porches in crisp, fall colors, and best of all? It brings FOOTBALL!!! I know not every girl enjoys football season; it’s okay! Does your husband or boyfriend get annoyed when you constantly ask questions during the game? Do you sometimes wonder what on earth his obsession is? Maybe you just want to watch for the good snack foods?
Guess what? You’re not alone. However, I have good news. Even if you don’t understand all the rules or plays you can still follow along and enjoy the game. It can become a family or a couple event and here’s how…
Take some time and learn a few of the position names or rules of the game. Hey, you may even totally impress your man with your knowledge! Can you believe there is a website written for wives to understand football? There is! Check out it out here.
Let Saturday afternoons (if y’all like college football) or Sunday afternoons (if y’all like pro football) become a time of gathering with family and friends. It’s fun to go and watch the game. We have a lot of family-friendly places in the Charleston area to do so. Here is a list of some good places that are kid-friendly too!
- Rusty Rudder- 3563 N Hwy. 17 in Mount Pleasant
- O’Brions Pub and Grill- 2015 Hwy 41 Mount Pleasant
- Dog and Duck- 1117 Park W Blvd Mount Pleasant
- Wild Wing Cafe- 1181 Oakland Market Rd or 644 Coleman Blvd both in Mount Pleasant
- Liberty Tap Room and Grill- 1028 Johnnie Dodds Blvd Mount Pleasant
- Home Team BBQ- 1205 Ashley River Rd Charleston
- Kickin Chicken- 337 King Street Charleston
- Carolina Ale House- 191 Sigma Dr Summerville
- Buffalo Wild Wings- 109 Grandview Dr Summerville
Do you have a favorite local spot? We’d love to hear from you!
Does the thought of packing up your kids to go watch men run around make you break out in a sweat? Don’t worry! You can always gather at home or at a friend’s house. If it’s like it is in our home, the men will be in front of the T.V. and the ladies will be in the kitchen talking while the kids run around and play. For us, football days are days when the calories don’t count…or at least not as much! So, have fun and make some football-themed food. Do you have a favorite fall appetizer or snack?
Some favorites that seem to go over well, even with the kids:
- Wings…don’t want them fried? Try baking them…delicious!
- Sandwiches / Hoagies
- Nachos or mexican layer dip
- Make a party mix- Pretzels, corn chips, peanuts, Bugels…completely up to you and an opportunity to get creative. Salty or sweet it will get eaten!
- Cheese and crackers- Hello, ladies a chance to have a glass of wine instead of beer!
- Serve a make it yourself taco bar
- Any kind of dip with chips (Queso, Salsa, French onion)…they are all good!
- Pizza- always a hit
Don’t let this season pass without having fun! Let football be an activity that binds your family together. You never know…you may find yourself cheering and yelling TOUCHDOWN!!!
Happy Fall y’all.