Today, we’re going to introduce some of our fabulous Charleston Moms Blog writers! We are lucky to have a diverse group of moms writing for us. Each of them has unique stories and experiences to share. We hope you enjoy reading a little about them. A big thank you to all 9 of these wonderful, talented ladies for sharing their time and talent with CMB!
Jessie grew up in the suburbs of Philadelphia & promptly moved to Charleston after graduating from Hollins University in 2003. She and her husband David have been married for 7 years & have a 5 year old son, soon to be 3-year-old daughter and brand new baby girl.
* Guilty pleasure: shopping for baby clothes, watching Southern Charm,
* Favorite thing to do in Charleston- anything on or near the water with my family.
* Can’t live without: fountain Coke from McDonalds, my phone
* Pet peeve: having to do housework
* If you could be any celebrity mom for one day, who would you be and why? June Cleaver – because if you actually *have to* do housework, shouldn’t you at least get to wear pearls?!
Kristin is a wife and mother to her three year old boy and seven month old girl. She is an Indiana native and moved to Charleston last August. She is a former inner city elementary teacher before becoming a mom. She recently started an online children’s clothing boutique, Liam and Lillian Boutique.
* Guilty Pleasure: Watching the Bachelor/Bachelorette, Reese’s peanut butter cups, sleeping in on weekends.
* Favorite thing to do in Charleston: Stroll down King Street, go to Kiawah Island, try new restaurants, be a beach bum.
* Can’t live without: My family and the color turquoise.
* Pet peeve: The duck face selfie– it’s just not cute and bathrooms that are out of soap and/or toilet paper.
* If you could be any celebrity mom for a day who would you be? Katie Holmes, I’ve been a fan since her Dawson Creek days.
Lauren and her husband are new parents to their three month old little girl. A high school English teacher and cheerleading coach for the past nine years, Lauren recently decided to take a break from the classroom in order to spend a few years at home with her little one and to work on expanding her calligraphy business.
* Guilty pleasures: Poe’s burgers and watching Southern Charm
* Favorite thing to do in Charleston: Boating out to Capers or Bulls Island with friends
* Can’t live without: A good book to read
* Pet Peeve: People who drag their flip flops
* If I could be a celebrity mom for one day: Blake Lively-she’s so crafty!
Marie Slone is an eccentric wife, mother of two and Kentucky transplant living in Mount Pleasant, South Carolina. She has a visual art , education and counseling background. A proud cancer survivor, she lives each day to the fullest on her own terms and without taking life too seriously. She takes pride in staying true to herself and remaining authentic.
* Guilty Pleasure: Old Episodes of Roseanne and small business shopping *Favorite thing to do in Charleston: explore farmer’s markets, concerts, festivals and special events all over the Lowcountry.
* Can’t live without: Coffee, Good Music, Conversation and Avocados
* Favorite thing to do in Charleston: anything outside.
* Can’t live without: my pregnancy countdown timer, phone, 2 girls and a guy in the morning.
* Pet Peeve: excuses
* If you could be a celebrity mom for one day, who would you be? Reba McEntire. I’ve always secretly wanted red hair and a billion dollars.