We’re hosting out first Moms Night Out on February 1, and this event won’t be our last! We have big plans for 2016 and with the expansion of our network, Charleston Moms Blog is taking on new events at the National level. With these fun opportunities comes a lot of planning, and we’re looking for that person who loves to tackle all the details that go into making a community event happen.
Time Commitment: Varies depending on size, complexity and stage of planning for each event.
Compensation: To be discussed upon acceptance.
Summary of Role:
● Along with Owner, serve as main point of contact for Charleston Moms Blog events, i.e. rentals, venue, food, etc.
● With guidance from Owner, own and manage all aspects of swag and giveaway sponsors for Charleston Moms Blog events, as well as table sponsors, food and beverage
● Solicit swag and giveaway partners, as well as table sponsors, for events via phone, email and social media, continually brainstorming and pursuing new partners with assistance from Owner
● Manage all aspects of communication with swag and giveaway sponsors, as well as table sponsors, including reminder emails, setting deadlines for delivery and cultivating relationships through event updates, teasers and post-event follow up
● Assist in social media promotion (both CMB’s and the team’s) for swag and giveaway sponsors, as well as table sponsors, leading up to and at events
● Within event blog posts (e.g. to announce Moms’ Night Out and to recap events past), ensure accurate inclusion of swag and giveaway partners (as needed and/or promised to partnering brands), as well as table sponsors
● Brainstorm new ideas for Charleston Moms Blog events with Owner
● Work with inbound sponsors to advertise their business as they see fit within the CMB event model
● Setup and management of Eventbrite ticketing for each event
● Manages communication with contributors and events team as it relates to events (updating contributors on events, coordinating best dates, assigning responsibilities, etc.)
● All local business contacts that may be a good fit for national sponsorship through CMBN will be passed to the Sales Ambassador by the Owner
● Respond to emails in a timely manner (48 hours) and represent Charleston Moms Blog in a positive and professional manner at all times
- Passionate about the Charleston community
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely (written and verbal)
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow through on commitments
- Previous event planning experience (preferred)
Do you think this opportunity sounds like a great fit? We’d love to hear from you! No prior event planning experience required, just enthusiasm, drive, passion and a desire to succeed!
Please email your resume and a little information about yourself to [email protected] by January 22.