Everyone – “Where do you live?”
Me – “Off of Clements Ferry Road.”
Everyone – “Oh, so on Daniel Island?”
Me – “No, but close! Just a few miles down the road.”
Oy! Can you relate? I know MANY of y’all can!
There are several neighborhoods off of Clements Ferry Road. The Retreat at Beresford, Beresford Hall, Beresford Creek Landing, Beresford Commons, Nelliefield Plantation, and The Peninsula. Have I missed any? Cain Crossing, folks – I am sure you can relate! There are several neighborhoods in progress, as well.
We do not live in Mount Pleasant (although many of us may have that wish!). It’s not Wando or Cainhoy. Nope, we don’t live on Daniel Island!
We are in Charleston City limits, but in Berkeley County. Our address is “Charleston” with a Daniel Island zip code.
Confused yet? Yup, me too!
Some of our children are zoned for Daniel Island School while others are zoned for Cainhoy School. Rumor has it, ALL of our cuties will be zoned for the brand new schools: Philip Simmons Elementary/Middle (August 2016) and Philip Simmons High (August 2017). Rejoice – something we get to share with others!
Having a town/area name sure would be helpful!
Without further ado, You Know You Live “Off of Clements Ferry Road” When You…
- Shake your head when you hear that road widening, a 2-year project, will not start until 2016!
- Take a deep breath (while saying 4-letter words under your breath) when taking a left out of your neighborhood
- Have to travel to Publix on Daniel Island or Harris Teeter on 41 for milk (MILK!)
- Beg and plead for a pharmacy and a coffee shop (I vote CVS and Dunkin’ Donuts, all day long!)
- Wish there were more restaurants/take out choices…and delivery options, even!
- Curse the tractor trailors and container trucks, at least daily
- Wonder if that Cainhoy Fire Station is actually in working order or not…? They sure clean that fire truck often!
- Think about Bo-Berry Biscuits each time you pass the Bojangles (okay, maybe this only applies to pregos!)
- Want to hurt people who use that random lane by the light at 526 as a merging lane when it SO IS NOT!
- Are beyond curious about the inside of “the blue building,” but not enough to check it out
- Worry that if your family had an emergency, there would be confusion/delays by authorized personnel (a history of this has been documented!)
- Are thankful that you only smell the Paper Mill a few times a month, when the wind is just wrong
- Love where you live, but wish it just HAD A NAME!!!
What do you wish we had off of Clements Ferry Road?
Any town name suggestions? Anything is better than NOTHING!